- this is the most physical damage that many people suffer from or have suffered from at least once is HEAT DAMAGE!!! those hair curlers and blow dryers etc..... yes it may make out hair look pretty for the meantime, in between time but in the long run it leaves our floor covered with evidence of short broken hairs. i remember my friend once said to me, do you know what she told me? " chantelle, i don't really understand why people say that heat damages your hair? i mean when ever i use heat on my hair it looks healthier but when i let my hair air dry it always looks frizzy and more damaged, i need heat because it makes my hair healthy!" . and do you know what i told her? " when you apply heat to your hair it covers up the true condition of your hair at the same time damaging the strands, the true health of your hair shows when its airdied that why it looks better heat styled and this is an indication of hair DAMAGE!".
- hair colouring causes dry, limp & brittle hair if done to often or applied incorrectly. this chemical damage can be avoided if you only dye your hair 1-2 shades darker or lighter than your natural hair colour and then you will need less touch ups, resulting in less chemical used.
- relaxer! yes i know im guilty of this one, this is a common chemical hair damager in the afro Caribbean/ black community however there are many women with healthy relaxed hair and they achieve this with stretching their relaxers, this is extending the time period you get a touch up relaxer. maybe waiting 3 - 6 months before getting a new relaxer.
- daily over manipulation of the hair this is another common hair damager people don't know about over brushing the hair, using small tooth combs, rough towel drying, tight ponytails and hairstyles all create stress on the strands and produce breakage and hair dryness.
- a common eviromental damage your hair suffers from is sun damage this causes dullness and dryness to prevent you should wear sun hats and sun protection on your hair.
- another eviromental damage is swimming in sea water or chlorine water this also leaves the hair dry and more prone to breakage. make sure to wet hair before entering a pool because your hair is like a sponge it sucks in the water so if theres already water in your hair it will suck in less chlorine/ salt water. also use a chelating shampoo after swimming pronounced key- la- ting.
- next stop is cold weather! it strips the hair of moister which leaves hair dry and brittle. so to combat this in the cold winter months you should do weekly or even twice a week deep conditioning with a nice thick mask or make your owh hydrating mask olive oil and half a ripe advricardo. also try to keep ends of hair wrapped up in a bun to stop the ends from drying out and wearing a protective hat outdoors.
- poor diet is the direct link to poor hair growth and poor health in general. most people over look the nutritional damages poor eating can cause to the hair. our hair is 80% protein so eat more protein this can be found in eggs, chicken and lean meat etc... having a balanced diet will help with overall well being and hair growth.
- water water water!!!! you need to take care of your self internally to see the outside results aim to drink half you body weight in water to maintain a healthy body.
- smoking will result in poor hair growth because it will cause hair loss and malnutrition
Monday, 20 August 2012
every day you could be doing something very damaging to the hair without even knowing so today im am going to out line th top ten hair damagers people don't know about.
Sunday, 19 August 2012
me trying my hardest to strike a model pose tried and failed lol! and a below me trying to capture a arial jump with the self timer run backwards and forwards several times, would of looked cool if it had worked but again another fail.
so what do you think of outfit of the day?
Saturday, 11 August 2012
check out my summer fashion video, inthis video im wearing the most trendy outfits..
Thursday, 9 August 2012
BLUSH OR BRONZERS?i like blushes because i feel like bronsers just look ashy on my skin tone.
LIPGLOSS OR LIPSTICK?
EYELINER OR MASCARA?
eyeliner because i think it adds defintion to the eyes
FOUNDATION OR CONCEALER?
concealer, even though i only just started using concealer i prefer it to foundation because its less make up and feels more natural
NEUTRAL OR COLOURED EYESHADOWS?i love the natural look however i love being bold so i would go with coloured eyeshadows
PRESSED OR LOOSE EYESHADOW?
i like loose because its easier to blend.
BRUSHES OR SPONGES?
Brushes, ti gives a better application of make up to achive a better result
OPI OR CHINA GLAZE?
i haven't tried either so i don't know.
LONG OR SHORT?
I love really, really long nails i let my nail grow as long as they naturally can and i don't cut them
ACRYLIC OR NATURAL?
Natural. i went though a phase of wearing acrylic nails when i was younger i thought they looked amazing but after a while i reslied my real nail could grow as long and longer than the fake nail so i stopped getting them.
BRIGHTS OR DARKS?
FLOWER OR NO FLOWER?
it depends? both
PERFUME OR BODY SPRAY?
i hate cheap perfume so i prefer body spray its cheap and you can have lots of scents for diffrent moods
LOTION OR BODYBUTTER?
neither, i like the natral oils olive oil, coconut oil ect
BODY WASH OR SOAP?
body wash, coz i don't like waxy feeling soap has
LUSH OR OTHER BATH COMPANY?
other, i never really underdtood the hype about lush its just glitter that smells nice.
JEANS OR SWEATPANTS?
Jeans. I don't have any sweatpants.
LONG SLEEVE OR SHORT?
I prefer long sleeves.
DRESSES OR SKIRTS?
i love both, but a dress is easier to throw on a lazy day and still look put together and good
STRIPES OR PLAIN?
FLIP FLOPS OR SANDALS?
SCARVES OR HATS?
STUDS OR DANGLY EARRINGS?
big dangly statment earrings!
NECKLACES OR BRACELETS?
HEELS OR FLATS?
COWBOY BOOTS OR RIDING BOOTS?
JACKET OR HOODIE?
I like jacket especially leather
FOREVER 21 OR CHARLOTTE RUSSE?
Forever 21, because i've never been to charlotte russe
ABERCROMBIE OR HOLLISTER?
more american i don't know these shops
SAKS 5TH AVENUE OR NORDSTROMS?
american shops none in the uk
CURLY OR STRAIGHT?
I like straight but i keep my hair in no heat curls more oftern because its healthier.
BUN OR PONYTAIL?
I've grown to like buns because ther a protective hairstyle.
BOBBY PINS OR BUTTERFLY CLIPS?
HAIR SPRAY OR GEL?
gel occassionaly but never spray.
LONG OR SHORT?
Long, can't wait for my hair to grow!
LIGHT OR DARK?
Dark, just leave it natural colour
SIDE SWEPT OR FULL BANGS?
UP OR DOWN?
up because of protective styling
RAIN OR SHINE?
FALL OR SPRING?
i like fall i like it so much
CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?